Was this your boo??????
Every other month there is a new damn phone or tablet coming out. Technology has advanced so rapidly, it makes all of us social misfits in 30 days or less.
"oh you got the iPad, well you need the iPad 2"
"look at you with that Blackberry, who sends BBM's anymore, it's all about Android!"
"Me without my iPhone is like Pookie from New Jack City without crack."
So, you catch my drift, it's all about being up on your technology game.
However, can we take a walk down memory lane to when it was all so simple?
Telephone (duh, greatest invention since the light bulb)
Call Waiting (ey, hold on I have another call....hello, what's up boo, hold on I gotta clear my other line)
3-way Calling (you was the SHIT if you could do 3 way calling)
Caller ID (Black folks LOVED this "Girl don't answer the phone, thats the cable company, I'm late")
*69 (for those who didn't have caller ID and missed the last call)
*70 (for those WITH caller ID and you wanted to block your phone number, sneaky asses)
Pager/Beeper (don't put 911 in my pager if it's not an emergency)
2-Way pagers (these were the first blackberry's for sure)
Internet (How many AOL disks did you run through?)
BlackPlanet! (enough said)
Cell phones (I can walk and talk for real now)
Cell phone w/ text (some of ya'll owe GTE for old overage charges before unlimited text)
Social Media (Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and some of ya'll still on BP, SMH)
Cell phones that can do every damn thing now....we all have them.
I'm not here to talk about the gadgets, I'm here to talk about how over time, technology has ruined relationships.
It started with back in the day when you would call your boo and they didn't have call waiting and the line was busy all night! Who the hell was you talking to, I tried calling you 10 times! Yes, 10 times. So since you didn't answer, Raheem is my boyfriend now....he has call waiting.
Then the caller ID. "Ninja, who is Michelle? I saw her name on your caller ID at 1:52am last night?"
Pagers/Beepers: "Boy, I put 911 in your pager, why didn't you call me back?"
Do you see the pattern here?
It keeps going and going.
Now here we are with phones that have the "Ignore button" and God forbid you're in a meeting and you hit the "Ignore button" you're gonna get cussed out like "I know you did not just send me straight to voicemail?!?!" Followed by the nasty text messages and then the FB status and tweets on how rude you are for sending them to voicemail. By the way, don't ever send me to voicemail, at least mute your phone and just let it ring. Thanks!
It keeps going and going.
Now here we are with phones that have the "Ignore button" and God forbid you're in a meeting and you hit the "Ignore button" you're gonna get cussed out like "I know you did not just send me straight to voicemail?!?!" Followed by the nasty text messages and then the FB status and tweets on how rude you are for sending them to voicemail. By the way, don't ever send me to voicemail, at least mute your phone and just let it ring. Thanks!
So anyways, it is amazing how the "drama" of technology plays out into our everyday lives. How when you're in a relationship and your boyfriend/girlfriend gets a text message at 3am, you're looking at them sideways.
"who the hell is texting you at 3am?"
"babe, I signed up for coupon notifications from Red Door spa"
"So you mean Red Door is up at 3am just sending out notifications"
"baby, I'm flattered that you care, but I'm pretty sure it was automatic"
"Let me see your phone"
sccchrreeeech.....See my phone?
Then there it is....the trust issues.
Our phones are now super protected privacy devices that have passcodes, security locks, and all that so no one can DARE LOOK AT YOUR PHONE.
Can't trust nobody?!?!
I don't know about you, but I feel naked and almost violated when someone scrolls through my phone without my permission. I almost want to ask people for a search warrant when they ask to see my phone. Why have we lost trust? Is it that we're doing anything wrong? Is it that we don't want to answer questions? Just something for ALL OF US to think about.
Can't trust nobody?!?!
I don't know about you, but I feel naked and almost violated when someone scrolls through my phone without my permission. I almost want to ask people for a search warrant when they ask to see my phone. Why have we lost trust? Is it that we're doing anything wrong? Is it that we don't want to answer questions? Just something for ALL OF US to think about.
As for Social Media, that is an entire different blog, but I will touch on it by saying, if you don't want your friend, your boss, your frat, your soror, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your co-worker, your classmate, your husband, your wife, your mother, your brother, your sister, your father, your cousin, your nephew, your in-laws, your crush or whoever to see something...THEN DON'T PUT IT ON FACEBOOK OR TWITTER!
Yet, if you're bold enough to put it out there, be ready to back up and justify what you said!
That's it for tonight....oh and ladies, stop doing that duck pout thing with the lips, it's not cute. And I'm gonna stop doing the C'mon Son face, its getting old! If I start to do it....remind me, it's getting old.
Fellas's do all us girls a favor....don't play the game, return the call, answer the text, reply to the email and don't say, you didn't hear your phone. Thanks



Comments
Post a Comment