Skip to main content

What I miss about you...

I miss when you'd call me over to order something out of your new Spiegel catalog.I miss how you would buy little things for me because you knew I liked them or needed them.
I miss you teaching me how to play Monopoly.
I miss you taking me on trips and showing me something new.
I miss playing blackjack with you and betting with quarters.
I miss us "playing him" for rental cars every other month.
I miss you showing me the way.

I miss you waking up early on Saturday mornings and walking to McDonald's to get me breakfast
I miss you talking to me on the front porch, telling me what it was like growing up in the south
I miss you telling me the story on how you used to be a Pullman Porter
I miss us discussing the latest antics on The Young and the Restless, or WWF drama
I miss coming home in the summer and hearing the sounds of you watching your Atlanta Braves on tv

I miss having constant debates with you about absolutely nothing, and you was always right.
I miss when you wanted me to hear a song that you had a verse about me in it.
I miss when you would cook for me.
I miss how excited we would get to see each other after not seeing each other for a long period
I miss how you would talk to me until I fell asleep

I miss how we would sit, turn on some Erykah Badu, blaze and talk about everything
I miss how we could laugh about any and everything
I miss how we would go shopping with NO Money but manage to look STUNNING and still pay our bills with a prayer and a miracle
I miss how you had the ability to look at an empty room and fill it with love, color and life.
I miss how gentle, kind and understand you always were and always are with everyone.

I miss so many people for so many reasons, but for some reason, I miss you my family, my friends, my loves, I miss you more than ever.....

Comments

  1. Deep. And somewhat haunting but provoling and really the whole thing didn't come together untilthe very end. Well worded and nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, trying to be a bit abstract as I miss five different people, 2 passed away the others alive, but so far away from me....if not physical then mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I can guess all 5.....but I love to hear all that you miss. If you didn't miss something you wouldn't have memories, and if you didn't have memories, you wouldn't have learned life lessons, and if you didn't have life lessons, it wouldn't be worth living. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True indeed girl! True indeed.....but you can guess all 5??? hmmm tell me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on...you should of known only a true BFF would know all 5, and I'm not even listed in the above, but I know you miss me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I revised it.....I don't miss as many people as I thought. What a difference a day makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never read this till now, I love this for so many reasons.... Right now at this time in my life it rings true...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not sensitive, you’re an A%$hole.

I hate Facebook.  Since 2008 when I joined, I’ve always hated it—Twitter was my first “super” social site and is currently my favorite.  I say “super” social sites because we won’t count AOL Voices, Black Planet, and Myspace (may they rest in peace), but these “super” social sites have IPO’s—yes, I have stock in Twitter since it is my favorite social site.  But I didn’t come on here to talk about social site preferences, but rather the content. In the last few days, Facebook has erupted with adorable (and not so adorable) photos of Daughter/Son appreciation.  Those who are childless have had the luxury of looking at the photos shared, whereas some (like me) scroll right past all the photos only stopping at what incites us.  So, the asshole part, okay, I’m getting to it.  Let me put this out there for those who may have sensitivities to my delivery, approach, or candor. This isn't a blog to negate parenting or complain about a post, but instead, the son/dau...

I'm too old for this! Dating over 40

I know, it’s been a year since I’ve blogged, and honestly, I was avoiding the very thing that brings me joy—I don’t know why.   I won’t go into the self-evaluation of my fears of failure; I’ll save that for another blog in 20-never.  But it is 2:21am July 11th, and I am going through some shit, thus the writing.  Who knows when and IF I will ever publish this tho....if I do, please excuse any typos, missed words, fucked up grammar...I mean, damn, I'm a writer, not an editor.  So, I am writing this after having a real conversation with a “friend” about our “friendship.”    For the first time in my life, I’m avoiding a relationship. If I'm honest, I'm avoiding a new relationship based on unresolved soul-ties I have with other men lingering in the universe.   Now, before you hop on your Judge Judy stand and start to judge/lecture me about “letting go,” my issue with the unresolved isn’t really that I am holding on to them…they...

I'm too old for this! Dating over 40 Part IV

Distant lover, lover (lover, lover, lover) So many miles away Heaven knows that I long for you Every night, every night I plan, sometimes I dance Through the day Distant lover (lover, lover, lover) You should think about me And say a prayer for me Please, please baby Think about me sometimes Think about me here Here in misery Misery As I reminisce, oh baby, through our joyful summer together The promises we made All the daily letters Then, all of the sudden Everything seemed to explode Now, I gaze out my window Sugar, down a lonesome road ----Mr. Marvin Gaye                          I'm a Virgo; therefore I can be rather particular.   Some call it “bougie” I like to call it preference.   I have a lot of "particulars" such as;  I dislike small talk.   I hate it with a PASSION! ...