In the spirit of the passing of the late great Nate D-O-Double-Gee, I thought I would do a fun list of hip hop artists who epitomizes SWAG! Clearly this is for the ladies, because fellas, you're not really going to agree because lets face it, the swag is for us ladies anyways, but by all means please read on.
Anyways, if you're born in the 80's, chances are, you'll hate this list because there will be no Soulja Boy, Drake, or Weezy on this list. Why, because although they've produced hot songs, albums and have tons of money.....I'm sure in real life, without the fame they're a bunch of douche bags.
Moving along, what I mean by Swag....well you all know the definition, but the reason why I picked these dudes below is because it's like something about them just says "RESPECT"! Before swag was even a term, you have these dudes who just....I don't know...they had that umph to them. This is not a list of "Lisa's favorite rappers" hell no, but I can't be blame is some of the best rappers have an abundance of swag, personality and appeal.
Now, don't get me wrong, any artist in the Hip Hop game really can't be a punk, a buster, lame or anything south of corny, but from time to time, decade after decade we get some corny ass rappers. Hell some of these corny ass rappers had songs I EFFIN LOVE, but they're still so corny! Want me to name a few corny ass rappers:
King of Corny:
Domino -- Ghetto Jam was hot, but really that nigga is corny
Soulja Boy -- C'mon son, he is really gay
Master P -- oh he was GREAT with make em say uuhhhh, but he's pretty lame
Fat Joe -- He is to the East Coast what E-40 is to the West Coast, and although they're cool, they're corny
But you catch my drift. So on to who I feel in my own biased opinion who are artists wake up in the morning and don't have to "turn their swag on" because it stay on even in their sleep!
1. Big Daddy Kane: This dude's swag was spoken before he opened his mouth! He is the coolest, smoothest dude who actually had a dance routine! Not everyone is cool, raps and dances....look at Hammer's corny ass.
2. Rakim: Cool as a fan, I mean really he was seriously cool and ill on the MIC
3. LL Cool J: Forget all that crap with him licking his lips, the big ass head and his punk fight he had with Jamie Foxx. LL regardless of what you think, was the epitome of Swag in Hip Hop for A LONG TIME.
4. Jay Z: Jigga man came a long way with his swagg, but no matter how much I don't like him, I respect him, his music and his Swag
5. Notorious B.I.G.: If you KNOW that you're fat, black and ugly, AND still got appeal...speechless swag! #Salute
6. Ice Cube: He put that Gangsta Swag on it before Snoop. When Boyz N' The Hood came out, Dough Boy had a lot of chicks loving Ice Cube, Jerhi Curl and all!
7. Snoop Dogg: I was gonna keep him off the list soley because his butt is so scrawny, but I know I can not talk about anyone being thin and NOT having swag, because my swag is ridiculous! But Snoop is so charismatic, that alone speaks for itself.
8. Method Man: He has that grimy, gutter type of disposition that if you saw him on your block, you'd know what's up without even hearing him speak. He is the type that oozes with "hood swag".
9. Andre 3000: He has that downsouth Swagg to him. He kinda got the "side eye" with the whole Love Below ish, along with that Erykah Badu crazy phase, but I feel that if some ish were to pop off, the cool, calm and collected 3 Stacks would keep everything in perspective, effortless swagg.
10. 2 Pac: Come on now, as emotional as he was, as crazy his roles were in movies, something about him when he laughed or smile just exudes more than words can describe. His swag was unmatchable. There isn't even an adjective to go with his swag. Hell it's TuPac Shakur!!!
Honorable Mention: T.I.: That boy goes from being dapper to being hood in 2.5 milliseconds! He went from Maybach to Jail Cell, but his swag stayed the same.
So, those are the people I think embodies that swagg appeal off break. Sure some of you will say, what about Kanye (too conceited), what about 50 Cent (is he even relevant?) what about Ludacris (he's too short...but he gets points for being funny and witty).
Now, tell me, who do you consider??
Coming to you live and direct from the Temple of Malisea Q. Gardner where her swag NEVER goes off!!!
Anyways, if you're born in the 80's, chances are, you'll hate this list because there will be no Soulja Boy, Drake, or Weezy on this list. Why, because although they've produced hot songs, albums and have tons of money.....I'm sure in real life, without the fame they're a bunch of douche bags.
Moving along, what I mean by Swag....well you all know the definition, but the reason why I picked these dudes below is because it's like something about them just says "RESPECT"! Before swag was even a term, you have these dudes who just....I don't know...they had that umph to them. This is not a list of "Lisa's favorite rappers" hell no, but I can't be blame is some of the best rappers have an abundance of swag, personality and appeal.
Now, don't get me wrong, any artist in the Hip Hop game really can't be a punk, a buster, lame or anything south of corny, but from time to time, decade after decade we get some corny ass rappers. Hell some of these corny ass rappers had songs I EFFIN LOVE, but they're still so corny! Want me to name a few corny ass rappers:
King of Corny:
Domino -- Ghetto Jam was hot, but really that nigga is corny
Soulja Boy -- C'mon son, he is really gay
Master P -- oh he was GREAT with make em say uuhhhh, but he's pretty lame
Fat Joe -- He is to the East Coast what E-40 is to the West Coast, and although they're cool, they're corny
But you catch my drift. So on to who I feel in my own biased opinion who are artists wake up in the morning and don't have to "turn their swag on" because it stay on even in their sleep!
1. Big Daddy Kane: This dude's swag was spoken before he opened his mouth! He is the coolest, smoothest dude who actually had a dance routine! Not everyone is cool, raps and dances....look at Hammer's corny ass.
2. Rakim: Cool as a fan, I mean really he was seriously cool and ill on the MIC
3. LL Cool J: Forget all that crap with him licking his lips, the big ass head and his punk fight he had with Jamie Foxx. LL regardless of what you think, was the epitome of Swag in Hip Hop for A LONG TIME.
4. Jay Z: Jigga man came a long way with his swagg, but no matter how much I don't like him, I respect him, his music and his Swag
5. Notorious B.I.G.: If you KNOW that you're fat, black and ugly, AND still got appeal...speechless swag! #Salute
6. Ice Cube: He put that Gangsta Swag on it before Snoop. When Boyz N' The Hood came out, Dough Boy had a lot of chicks loving Ice Cube, Jerhi Curl and all!
7. Snoop Dogg: I was gonna keep him off the list soley because his butt is so scrawny, but I know I can not talk about anyone being thin and NOT having swag, because my swag is ridiculous! But Snoop is so charismatic, that alone speaks for itself.
8. Method Man: He has that grimy, gutter type of disposition that if you saw him on your block, you'd know what's up without even hearing him speak. He is the type that oozes with "hood swag".
9. Andre 3000: He has that downsouth Swagg to him. He kinda got the "side eye" with the whole Love Below ish, along with that Erykah Badu crazy phase, but I feel that if some ish were to pop off, the cool, calm and collected 3 Stacks would keep everything in perspective, effortless swagg.
10. 2 Pac: Come on now, as emotional as he was, as crazy his roles were in movies, something about him when he laughed or smile just exudes more than words can describe. His swag was unmatchable. There isn't even an adjective to go with his swag. Hell it's TuPac Shakur!!!
Honorable Mention: T.I.: That boy goes from being dapper to being hood in 2.5 milliseconds! He went from Maybach to Jail Cell, but his swag stayed the same.
So, those are the people I think embodies that swagg appeal off break. Sure some of you will say, what about Kanye (too conceited), what about 50 Cent (is he even relevant?) what about Ludacris (he's too short...but he gets points for being funny and witty).
Now, tell me, who do you consider??
Coming to you live and direct from the Temple of Malisea Q. Gardner where her swag NEVER goes off!!!












I agree Jay Z gets mad props and definitely my #1 (Think 'You can't knock the hustle") Just peek at the picture you posted, his face aint even showing and it's undeniable swag, 'Nuff said. Nas would ahve to be on the swag top ten, with his prolific lyrics and his FINE self!Puffy is corny but also has swag when he needs to. Dr. Dre in the "Been There Done That" video excuded pure swag. Jermaine Dupree is elf like but has swag nonetheless(not top ten potential but somewhere in the top 25). Warren G had swag. Eminem makes my top 10. I would strip TI of the Honorable Mention award and give it to Xzibit...(The Foundation). But hey, I gotta give you mad props on your picks!
ReplyDeletelol, Wow, I didn't even know that you commented on here!! I'm so excited, you're my first follower to comment! lol
ReplyDeleteanyways, I would say NAS, but he is just a good rapper, I don't think of swag when I see him. He's fine, but Swag doesn't come to mind. Diddy is the KING of swag, but I feel he is NOT a serious hip hop entertainer as MUCH as I LOVE Diddy, I had to respect my choices and not put Diddy amongst the elite for real rappers! lol
Loved the list! LOL, at the corny crew, you were spot on there. Man Lisa, I haven't thought about Big Daddy Kane in ages, but again spot on. He was the type that women loved and men would definitely want on their team if something were to pop off! I think Kanye would be on my list but I respect why he didn't make yours. I fall in and out of love with Eminem (currently in), but he's definitely got his own brand of swag. So glad to see Andre 3000 on here; you're right, his swag is effortless. He's certainly a dude I'd want to hang out with.
ReplyDelete