Skip to main content

Life Lotto

We see it all the time, you know, those billboards with the mega millions that read anywhere between 5-100 million dollar prizes.  Teasing us daily as we pass that sign thinking "no one wins the lotto"  or perhaps you're the optimistic one who drives past the sign and think "hmm, what would I do if I won the lotto?"  Then you start to think of the "good" things you would do like buy a house, cars, trips, donate to a charitable cause, give to family members, blah, blah, blah.  Yes, we've all did this torturous daydreaming, yet not one person I know has hit that monetary lotto.  Keep on dreaming.

Yet, that is not what I'm hear to vent about, not about that hyped up dream the people at Lotto try to sell us everyday, but rather, the lotto that some people are swimming in and don't even know it.  I'm talking about a life lotto.

I'm sure you're asking, "what the hell is a life lotto?"  Well let me break it down!

A life lotto is if you have three or more of these things going for you simultaneously in your life RIGHT NOW!:
1.  You're married or engaged and happily in love with that person with NO DRAMA (he/she isn't a cheater, isn't an alcoholic, doesn't snore, doesn't make you grocery shop with them, doesn't make you go to their annoying in-laws house, doesn't make you watch those damn reality shows you hate--you know, this person is effin perfect you both love each other)
2. You have a happy home, a place of dwelling be it an apartment, condo, house, trailer park, etc.  A place where you call home, and you walk around scratching yourself freely and no one minds. 
3. You have smart, respectful, happy children and no family drama
4. You have a career, not just a job, but a career that you LOVE and you don't cuss your alarm clock out because you have to get up and go there. 
5. You have a fulfilled relationship with God.  Who ever your God is, your relationship with he/she/it is superior. 
6. You have more than $5,000 in your saving account that is there for rainy days and you do not have to live pay check to paycheck nor have to say a weekly prayer to your God to not let a check or charge clear before your direct deposit hits your account
7. You are totally healthy.  Haven't had the need to go to the doctor, not been sick, nothing.  You go to the dentist and he gives your ass a lollipop for not having cavities in hopes that you get a damn cavity as a reason to come back!

I could go on, but you catch my drift.  There are people who live this type of life believe it or not.  Seriously, these people take for granted how effin well off they have it.  Even if they don't have all 7 categories, hell, if they're living with 2 out of 7, they're doing a helluva lot better than over 75% of the depressed, antidepressant taking, Oxycontin poppin, weed smoking, alcohol indulging, miserable people I know that are trying to figure out a way to cope with life until death.  Or they're liars.   Either way, there is a good 25% of people who live like this and I ENVY THEM!

I mean, sure I have some good things going for me, but I can tell you now, I haven't hit the life lotto. 

Okay, so let me guess, you're scanning the list to see where you fall so that you can feel good that you've hit the life lotto.  If you fall within three or more of the above categories,  congratulations you're a lotto winner.  You're not mega millions life winner, but you're certainly a winner and well on your way to being a mega millions winner...I'm hating!

I guess in a way this blog is to show you all how blessed you are to have those things.  I personally would give up a 100 Million dollar lotto prize if I could have love, a home and a child.  I mean sure, I could buy a man, a house and adopted a baby from a small village in Africa (or on the corner of MLK here in Baltimore), but money is only a temporary fix.   I don't want to buy a man who loves me for my dough, I wouldn't want a house that isn't filled with the warmth of love, and the adopted baby, could grow up to be a serial killer/sniper/rapist/crazy ass child that I would happily deny any associations with since there wouldn't be any blood ties.  okay, okay, okay, I'm lying, I'd take the $100 million dollars and write a blog "I really did hit the Lotto, bitches!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not sensitive, you’re an A%$hole.

I hate Facebook.  Since 2008 when I joined, I’ve always hated it—Twitter was my first “super” social site and is currently my favorite.  I say “super” social sites because we won’t count AOL Voices, Black Planet, and Myspace (may they rest in peace), but these “super” social sites have IPO’s—yes, I have stock in Twitter since it is my favorite social site.  But I didn’t come on here to talk about social site preferences, but rather the content. In the last few days, Facebook has erupted with adorable (and not so adorable) photos of Daughter/Son appreciation.  Those who are childless have had the luxury of looking at the photos shared, whereas some (like me) scroll right past all the photos only stopping at what incites us.  So, the asshole part, okay, I’m getting to it.  Let me put this out there for those who may have sensitivities to my delivery, approach, or candor. This isn't a blog to negate parenting or complain about a post, but instead, the son/dau...

I'm too old for this! Dating over 40

I know, it’s been a year since I’ve blogged, and honestly, I was avoiding the very thing that brings me joy—I don’t know why.   I won’t go into the self-evaluation of my fears of failure; I’ll save that for another blog in 20-never.  But it is 2:21am July 11th, and I am going through some shit, thus the writing.  Who knows when and IF I will ever publish this tho....if I do, please excuse any typos, missed words, fucked up grammar...I mean, damn, I'm a writer, not an editor.  So, I am writing this after having a real conversation with a “friend” about our “friendship.”    For the first time in my life, I’m avoiding a relationship. If I'm honest, I'm avoiding a new relationship based on unresolved soul-ties I have with other men lingering in the universe.   Now, before you hop on your Judge Judy stand and start to judge/lecture me about “letting go,” my issue with the unresolved isn’t really that I am holding on to them…they...

I'm too old for this! Dating over 40 Part IV

Distant lover, lover (lover, lover, lover) So many miles away Heaven knows that I long for you Every night, every night I plan, sometimes I dance Through the day Distant lover (lover, lover, lover) You should think about me And say a prayer for me Please, please baby Think about me sometimes Think about me here Here in misery Misery As I reminisce, oh baby, through our joyful summer together The promises we made All the daily letters Then, all of the sudden Everything seemed to explode Now, I gaze out my window Sugar, down a lonesome road ----Mr. Marvin Gaye                          I'm a Virgo; therefore I can be rather particular.   Some call it “bougie” I like to call it preference.   I have a lot of "particulars" such as;  I dislike small talk.   I hate it with a PASSION! ...