My Conversation with KoKoa:
Please know, KoKoa and I shared so many memories, laughs and more. I cannot begin to express the love, admiration, and fun that I had with her. She was a special spirit. Smart, funny, considerate and NEVER had anything bad to say about anyone or anything.
So the below conversation is what I imagine Ko would tell me if she were here with me right now.
Ko: Girl, lets not even talk about it, just know I transitioned.
Ko: (laughing) You're stupid. I hate you, you're so immature, but yes, pumpkin like the lenses.
Me: But wait tho, I see you got sunglasses up in here? BIHHHHHH I see you.
Ko: (Laughing) You know I do what I can do. I have to stay with some fresh shades
Me: But wait tho, I see you got sunglasses up in here? BIHHHHHH I see you.
Ko: (Laughing) You know I do what I can do. I have to stay with some fresh shades
Me: (crying) I'm going to miss you, Ko. It's not going to be the same.
Ko: Don't cry. I know pumpkin, but you'll be fine.
Me: Ko, seriously, who am I going to share these jokes with?
Ko: (laughing) OMG, You're such a sicer, you have everyone. Cherish the sorors who are still with you. I know it's hard, but you have special bonds with everyone. You'll have plenty of jokes.
Me: (sigh) Don't play me, Ko, you know I can't joke with everyone like I can with you. You're the only person I say, "Niggaaaaa" with or to.
Ko: I'm not trying to play you, pumpkin and that's not true, you have Shannell.
Me: Yeah, true. Okay, so who am I going to call LeBitch?
Ko: Really? You have an entire Chapter of sorors, pick one.
Me: I mean, while that is true, you're the only one who I can really say it to and we laugh at it. Okay, well, who will I sit and laugh with whenever we see Raina do some manly shit? You remember when we couldn't open that bottle of ginger ale, we was struggling like shit, we gave it to Raina and she opened that joint up like it wasn't shit.
Ko: (laughing) you can definitely laugh with Jasse. Jasse is a witness to Raina's supernatural man strength.
Me: But Ko, who will I party with when Biggie comes on? You know Unbelievable and Hypnotize is our shit!
Me: (Ugh) You're blowing me, Ko! Only me and you have special shit. Okay, so who will monitor my funeral? Remember, I gave you strict orders that Chuck Parker is NOT invited to my "invite only" funeral. You even made a meme for me "Banned from Lisa's funeral" when I was in the hospital.
Ko: (laughing) I damn sure did. We're assholes. Okay, I'll make sure to haunt him and he won't come to your services. You know Chuck is easily spooked.
Me: And, speaking of Chuck's...what about your S.B.B? Can you finally tell me what S.B.B. stands for? I hate when ya'll team up and play me.
Me: And, speaking of Chuck's...what about your S.B.B? Can you finally tell me what S.B.B. stands for? I hate when ya'll team up and play me.
Ko: (laughing) sorry, pumpkin, I can't tell you what S.B.B. stands for, but you and my S.B.B. will always have good memories, especially the fake fight ya'll had. I swear that is THEE BEST STORY!
Me: (laughing) yeah, yeah you tell me that all the time, I hate Charles. But it was a funny story.
Me: Okay, so, what about drinking? Who is going to "Up to it, Down to it" with me off the brown liquor? Only you, me and Raina drink dark. You're the only one who makes Gummies at homecoming using brown liquor.
Ko: Nooooo, you have April. Remember, we got April on the Honey Jack. Plus you know Raina will make you fireball jello shots. But don't eat too many gummies like you did that one year at Homecoming.
Me: Girl, we stay with the drinks. Remember on Jasse's party bus I was sick as a dog and you made sure I had that whiskey. You and Raina was like, " Here, bitch drink this, it'll heal your insides." Then that Monday I was in the hospital, you and Grady tried to drink my Crown Royal in the hospital! Girl, we was up in NIH with Crown! I hate us.
Ko: (Laughing) we damn sure was drinking. But YOU had it in the hospital room, pumpkin. So, like a good soror and frat, we crushed it.
Me: How come every time I think it's my turn to go to the Upper Room, you give me liquor? You're an enabler. Remember Yvonne's wedding when I almost died and Veda had to pray me out of Jesus' hands and you gave me a drink and said, "You'll be fine, here pumpkin drink this".
Ko: (laughing) Because you're such a sicer, you really thought you was about to die. I knew all you needed was a drink, you was alright.
Me: But KoKoa, I was suppose to go before you. Nigga, what am I going to do without you? I know I'm being selfish, other people are going to miss you, but our bond is so special. We giggle and laugh at so much. You made everything better. You named me Blase Chick for a reason, because you know I can be nonchalant when it comes to sorors or certain situation.
Ko: (Laughing) we damn sure was drinking. But YOU had it in the hospital room, pumpkin. So, like a good soror and frat, we crushed it.
Ko: (laughing) Because you're such a sicer, you really thought you was about to die. I knew all you needed was a drink, you was alright.
Me: But KoKoa, I was suppose to go before you. Nigga, what am I going to do without you? I know I'm being selfish, other people are going to miss you, but our bond is so special. We giggle and laugh at so much. You made everything better. You named me Blase Chick for a reason, because you know I can be nonchalant when it comes to sorors or certain situation.
Ko: Pumpkin, it was my time, don't worry, look at how many memories you listed. We have so much more that you forgot, but over time, they'll come to you, you will laugh and know it's me reminding you that we shared those times. You'll always be Blase Chick and each time you hear Biggie or take a shot of whiskey, I know I'll be in your heart.
Me: Kowana LySha... I am going to miss you tremendously. I can't even bare it right now, the tears in my eyes hurt like the sting in my heart. But I'll hold you down whenever I "up to it, down to it". But, can you do me a favor, tho? Please put me on the VIP list in heaven.
Ko: (Laughing) I hate you, go back to living life and I'll see you when you get there.
I love you Kowana, rest easy, my Anytime Boo













Comments
Post a Comment