When we last left off, I was playing the side chick to a man who I had loved like no other, well, at the time.
What was I doing? I was working a job I hated, in a quasi
“situationship”. You know what a situationship is: not a relationship, but ya'll are in a situation together where you have an understanding, seeing each other relatively exclusively, but that's about it, nothing more and nothing less--a situationship. I know, it's complicated, lol
Anyways, I'm in this "situationship" with this dude who challenged my sassy ass—as much as I wanted
to let go, I held on because the thought of letting go was more painful than
looming in the shadows of his life waiting for him to pour his love & life
on me…. ah ha…love & life—sometimes I’m just too dope for myself!
I found a job where I was traveling 2-4 weeks per month, all
over the country being a traveling leasing and marketing expert—whatever the
hell that meant. Anyways, it was my
escape from Seattle, into a position where I could travel and just be free. It was a good break for me to be away from
the madness in Seattle. I was gone for 6 months, it was a VERY interesting 6 months to say the least! Whew!
Anyways, by January, I was back in Seattle—unemployed
again and some what miserable because I was broke—but I still had my “quasi boo” and yes, I was still the
side chick. However, distance makes the heart fonder, because when I came back,
he and I were inseparable. We’d fight,
bicker and what not, but like the great Luther Vandross would say, “Its the
Power of Love”.
The Black Liberace himself! I sure do miss Luther!!!
Speaking
of Luther, did I tell you my boo could burn in the kitchen? The quickest way to my heart:
1.
make me laugh (laughter is good for the soul)
2.
make me food (my skinny ass is always hungry)
3.
make me think (I love intelligence, anyone who can teach me something my smart ass doesn't already know)
I’m sold!! This man
was funny, he could cook and intelligent. Shout out to Def Chef <--- look him up on Facebook and Instagram #DefChef
After another unemployed summer and working odd jobs, I
called my line sister; Raina and she gave me a long talk and said, “Well, if
you’re not doing anything on the west coast, move back to Maryland—what do you
have to lose?”
Shit!
I have nothing to lose—well except one of my greatest
loves. The man who looked at me and
told me, I was the million-dollar lottery ticket and he was the unlucky fool
who didn’t know what to do with his winnings.
The man who made me an Easter
Basket (yes, he hand made it) with all my favorite goodies in it.
The man who would cook breakfast for me without even being at my house
the night before, just show up in the morning, start cooking, I eat and he
would leave like “I’ll be back later to check on you”. The man who no matter how mean, smart ass,
bitchy or arrogant I could be, he still was there loving me. How could I leave him? And sure enough, MJB’s Love & Life album
hit me right in the damn heart of my situation.
I really didn’t care for this album, but there were key
songs that my sister-auntie-cousin-best friend Mary would hit me with that were
right on time, one of them being “Willing and Waiting”
Oh my gosh, I was so in love with this boy and like the song said:
Oh my gosh, I was so in love with this boy and like the song said:
“Sometimes I wanna cry, cause boy I realize I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE.
I don’t think he understands, I
want him for MY MAN, I’m waiting here for YOU!!!"
Pause!
Why in the HELL do we as women always have to wait for the
man? We have to wait for them to ask for our number, ask us out on a date, court
us, get their shit together, propose to us, marry us…my goodness. They say, women rule the world because of the
“Power of the P” but I don’t think that’s
very true. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve seen
men go crazy and do some unexplainable things for women and sex, but the majority
of the time, when it comes to love and not just sex, we are constantly in this
state of waiting!!! Waiting for the right
one, waiting for him to say he loves you, waiting for him to go to the next
step. I HATE WAITING!!! Like Jigga said, I have no patience, I hate
waiting! Hell, it's why I'm single now!
So, if I'm so in love with this boy, back to the main question: Why was I contemplating leaving Washington and leaving this so-called unbelievable love. Well, it's simple, at the end of the day, I had to make a decision about my life. I had to realize,
although I loved him, I loved myself more, and if he and I aren’t moving in a
direction to really be together, I had to look out for me. I wanted more than a "situationship" more, than waiting and more than working a part time job sleeping on someones couch or in a spare bedroom. To hell with that, so I made the decision to move to Maryland.
But hold up, hold up, hold up! Back to this Mary Album!!!!
Not only did Mary drop a new album, MARY J BLIGE AND SEAN
PUFFY COMBS WE’RE BACK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!
Ya’ll, I felt like my
album was dropping. I was telling
everyone, “Aye, you know Mary J got a new album and Puffy is doing some
production.” I was officially on the
non-paid promotions team for MJB marketing! Mary, if you’re reading this…girl,
I’m gonna need some kick back, residuals or something because ya girl was
holding you down in the streets of Seattle!!! Word of mouth promotions of course, still, I was promoting!
The two things that will mess your credit up quick
Obama, with all due respect, your programs suck. Obamacare, I don't qualify for because I have insurance through my job and the Student Loan Forgiveness Act, I'm not qualified for. Again, where is Bush with a Stimulus check when you need one. I loved my stimulus checks
Can we all take a second to crack the hell up when this happened!!!! OMG!!! THIS WAS HILARIOUS!!!! You know you're mad when you gotta throw your shoes--both of them!!!!
So, not only was MJB & Puffy back, the first single, “Love @
1st Sight” featured Method Man!!!
OMG!!!! Talk about being in
hip-hop & r&b bliss, I was so overjoyed.
Like I mentioned earlier, I wasn’t too much a fan of the Love
& Life album. I was kind of feeling
that with the great expectation of Puffy & MJB back together, that the
album would sound like “My Life”, and it didn’t. I found myself skipping more songs on this CD
than I cared to skip.
However, one of my favorite songs on that album was “When
We”, because of course, it totally reflected the relationship I was having with
my “quasi boo”.
Again, I was singing at the top of my lungs:
“boy you make me realize, that you’re the special one in my
life
you’re my soul mate sent for me, and ain’t nobody gonna be
good to you as I can be
I will love you faithfully, cause out love was meant to be!”
That album was good, but not a favorite. It certainly did it’s part in reflecting the
status of my life and of my love situations.
However, it was time to pack up, move to the east coast with the clothes on my back, one bag, and all of my MJB CD's! Maryland, here I come!!!
Next: The Breakthrough
Next: The Breakthrough







Comments
Post a Comment