Skip to main content

...and then I woke up

The music of Bob Marley singing was so refreshing.  To hear him sing the plight of Jamaica, and being a Rasta Man really put things into perspective and that we all love God.  

Isn't God great?  I mean he didn't even trip when I was doing the stanky leg to Biggie the other night. 

I walked with her down the streets, everything was so clear, clean and pristine.   Everyone smiled, everything was bright and smelled like fresh lilac in the summer. 

She and I walked together as we left the sidewalk show.  We talked about our unresolved issues and all the hurt that I carried for years, and she told me about her hurt.  We reminisced about growing up and her journey home.  

Peaceful.  My heart didn't feel any hurt, sorrow, or stress.  Instead I felt like I never felt in life.  In life I was always second guessing myself, worrying about my future or the mistakes of my past and the everyday struggles.  

Then while walking up the block, I see both of them standing on the corner, talking about family, baseball, cooking and music.  Here he goes talking about the horses and how it used to be a favorite pastime of his, but now doesn't have the desire for it anymore, just being with his wife was all he needed.  

I walked into the temple and there she was, directing the heavenly voices of the grandiose choir.  The voices were just as angelic as I imagined.  I was ready to hear a good sermon. Not of what I need to prepare for, but to continue loving, continue being neighborly, continue to pray for those who were unable to join us.  Going to the temple was now different, everyone was there and it was fun, and it was a random Tuesday during the day.  It was a history lesson of things that I missed out on before, and it was also time to appreciate finally being in a place of peace.  

My family, friends and new people were all around me.  I cried in the temple as God shined down on me and she rubbed my back while God said to me, "you made it, you are free of the earthly pain, you amongst us now."  I was in Heaven. 

And then I woke up.....back to the pain, the sorrow, and the everyday struggles.  Sure, I get some slices of heaven here on earth, life isn't all bad, but Heaven, I'm sure is great--that's why it's called Heaven!

But I sometimes stop, and think about the day when I walk the streets of heaven, see Bob Marley singing and strumming his guitar on the corner, watch Biggie and Pac perform together speaking truths not violence or degrade women.   Walk and talk with my mom, look up and see both of my grandfather's talking about life as they once knew it.   And to walk into the grand temple to see my grandmother directing the choir.  Overall, having eternal life in heaven being much better than what I have here on earth. 

Coming to you live and direct from the temple of Malisea Queen where she wondering "When is the next bus to Heaven?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I’m not sensitive, you’re an A%$hole.

I hate Facebook.  Since 2008 when I joined, I’ve always hated it—Twitter was my first “super” social site and is currently my favorite.  I say “super” social sites because we won’t count AOL Voices, Black Planet, and Myspace (may they rest in peace), but these “super” social sites have IPO’s—yes, I have stock in Twitter since it is my favorite social site.  But I didn’t come on here to talk about social site preferences, but rather the content. In the last few days, Facebook has erupted with adorable (and not so adorable) photos of Daughter/Son appreciation.  Those who are childless have had the luxury of looking at the photos shared, whereas some (like me) scroll right past all the photos only stopping at what incites us.  So, the asshole part, okay, I’m getting to it.  Let me put this out there for those who may have sensitivities to my delivery, approach, or candor. This isn't a blog to negate parenting or complain about a post, but instead, the son/dau...

I'm too old for this! Dating over 40

I know, it’s been a year since I’ve blogged, and honestly, I was avoiding the very thing that brings me joy—I don’t know why.   I won’t go into the self-evaluation of my fears of failure; I’ll save that for another blog in 20-never.  But it is 2:21am July 11th, and I am going through some shit, thus the writing.  Who knows when and IF I will ever publish this tho....if I do, please excuse any typos, missed words, fucked up grammar...I mean, damn, I'm a writer, not an editor.  So, I am writing this after having a real conversation with a “friend” about our “friendship.”    For the first time in my life, I’m avoiding a relationship. If I'm honest, I'm avoiding a new relationship based on unresolved soul-ties I have with other men lingering in the universe.   Now, before you hop on your Judge Judy stand and start to judge/lecture me about “letting go,” my issue with the unresolved isn’t really that I am holding on to them…they...

I'm too old for this! Dating over 40 Part IV

Distant lover, lover (lover, lover, lover) So many miles away Heaven knows that I long for you Every night, every night I plan, sometimes I dance Through the day Distant lover (lover, lover, lover) You should think about me And say a prayer for me Please, please baby Think about me sometimes Think about me here Here in misery Misery As I reminisce, oh baby, through our joyful summer together The promises we made All the daily letters Then, all of the sudden Everything seemed to explode Now, I gaze out my window Sugar, down a lonesome road ----Mr. Marvin Gaye                          I'm a Virgo; therefore I can be rather particular.   Some call it “bougie” I like to call it preference.   I have a lot of "particulars" such as;  I dislike small talk.   I hate it with a PASSION! ...