2011....the start of a new decade. I'm gonna be real. 2010 sucked big guerrilla balls! The four best things to come out of 2010
- Got a new job
- The birth of my second niece, Jordan (auntie loves you suga booga)
- My big brother got on an airplane (he hates to fly) to visit me
- I bought and fell in love with Nino, my new Lexus SUV (yes, I'm braggin a bit, not everyday we're blessed to drive a luxury car...it's my child, my house, and my husband for the time being. And yes, my car is named after Nino Brown from New Jack City, hater!)
So, as you can see those are the things that I am happy about, but the rest of the year.....totally sucked. I can only think of a few momentous years that sucked for me: 87, 93, 96, 98, 10. The rest of my life has been aiight, but those years I listed....I almost didn't make it out alive, I swear 1987 had me in a nasty choke hold!
However, I have to say over the years, I've seen good and bad ish that has happened in life. Overall, I've grown. Grown in ways that shock myself, but what is sad about the growth, is that other people don't see it. That hurts me.
Now, I know my father will FOREVER see me as his little girl. He is extremely proud of me...don't know why, I really haven't done anything except what is expected of any sane human like grow up, move out, get a job, a place to live, a car and sustain. But really, I do know why he is proud.....my growth! (but he still treats me like I'm 16)
I can be a lot further along than I am in life. I beat myself up constantly "like you dumb ass, you made a left instead of a right back there at the intersection of college and love, you was suppose to take the college road"
Now, you know I did eventually backtrack and get my degree, but then instead of going straight, I back tracked again to some other side trails to see what was cracking. You know, I stopped to say what up to the fraternities on the yard. Bent the corner to see what was good with the local musicians in Seattle. I went down the alley to see what the hood boys were up to. I even stopped to see if Jah would give me the map to the road I was suppose to be on. I guess I'll stop speaking in metaphor and get to the point.
In my life journey, over the years, I've grown....spiritually, emotionally, physically (not by much, I'm a size 6), financially, and mentally.
Yet, I still have friends/family that talk to me or treat me like it's 1987 or 2003. Some of those people I don't see often, so naturally they index me in their memory bank of who I was when they last saw me or really knew me. And let me tell you.....it's insulting.
I know regardless of how old I get or how many states I live in, I will ALWAYS be the laid back, always nice, funny, down to earth, around the way, smart mouth, loving, caring, witty, beautiful, intelligent, okay I'll stop, mesmerizing, okay, okay, generous....okay, Lisa Queen! I'll always be me.
However, within the beauty that makes me, me....I've grown to a new person....and beyond 2011 I will continue to grow and I'll no longer be the woman I was in 2011 that I will be in 2021. Smarter, wiser, nicer, and of course finer!
Comin' to you live and direct 2011(yay) from the Temple of Malisea Queen where she is constantly growing!


Comments
Post a Comment